a landing page which explains the problem and what consumers can do (Dave – log in and click edit above to put whatever text here you’d like)
Latest posts (once you add an update they will appear below this)
- The game is up for car yards and insurance companies who’ve been ripping Australians off, according to Consumer Action Law Centre.
- Consumer Action Law Centre says a class action to be launched against Australia’s biggest extended car warranty company shows rubbish warranties have had their day.
- Consumer Action Law Centre is warning Australians about the behaviour of car yard shonks following an ASIC action refunding $400,000 to a group of NSW car buyers who were forced to purchase warranties.
- Australians sold junk insurance are demanding their money back as ASIC releases a damning report into the atrocious value and shocking sales practices at car yards. The ASIC “A market that is failing consumers: The sale of add-on insurance through car dealers” report says: – Over 3 years, the claims payout ratio was only 9 […]
- “THIS product is more expensive than you can get anywhere else, it’s probably not right for you, and it will generally make your life more difficult.”
- "Working in travel insurance, Paul Quinn thought he knew insurance inside-out until recently, when he found out he had been sold a "junk" policy with his car loan.
- Consumer Action Law Centre is running free training for financial counsellors and community law workers on how to make the most out of DemandARefund.com on Wednesday May 11.
Australians urged to fight back against junk insurance and demand over $70m in refunds: Consumer ActionAustralians could be due for over $70m* worth of refunds each year for insurance and warranty products they don’t even know they’ve bought.